The Sharps Bin Exchange is a hassle free, safe and hygienic way for the correct disposal of sharps materials. The sharps bins come with a temporary lock which prevents sharps that have been placed in the unit being retrieved. The slim design of the bin allows them to fit in almost any gap, making it suitable for any premises. These bins are available in 5 and 7 litres.
- Small and compact, easy to store in small spaces.
- Available in 5 and 7 litres.
- Ideal for medical establishments, doctor’s surgeries, dentists and needle exchanges.
- Temporary lock included.
What are sharps materials?
Sharps waste is a form of biomedical waste composed of used “sharps”, which includes any device or object used to puncture or lacerate the skin. Sharps waste is classified as biohazardous waste and must be carefully handled. Common medical materials treated as sharps waste are:
- Hypodermic needles.
- Disposable scalpels and blades.
- Contaminated glass and some plastics.